Friday, May 1, 2009

Blog Improvements & NSM Challenge #1

Hello! I bet you totally thought that I ditched this thing, huh? No way! Just taking a little break to get organized and make some additions to my beloved blog. You will begin noticing some new things on my blog today and in the days to come if you have not already. I hope that my blog makes it into your daily computer routine and I see you here often! LOL! :)

Lots of things happening today- May 1st! Today is "the" day for the brand new CTMH Summer 2009 Idea Book. It is amazing and I can't wait to start getting some fun things made with all the new goodies! You can view the new Idea Book by clicking on the image to the right and going to "Products" from the CTMH website. Or you can request your copy by contacting me.

Another exciting thing that is happening starting today is the celebration of National Scrapbooking Month! Quite a few things going on with this party this month so you will not want to miss anything. First thing is that you will notice that there is a CTMH National Scrapbooking Month Button to the right. This month you can enter your artwork for chances to win prizes. You can also view the Tickled Pink Kit that is offered as this month's Constant Campaign.

NSM Challenges!!!! For each day during the month of May I will be presenting a National Scrapbooking Month Challenge for even more chances to win prizes. All you have to do is complete the challenge and get me your results via e-mail. You will have until Midnight (Pacific Standard Time) of the day the challenge was presented to get in your entries. All winners will be announced June 1st.

NSM Challenge #1: Tell me how you got started in scrapbooking/card making/papercrafting. All entries for today will go into a drawing for an Emporium My Stickease Assortment.

I got started in this wonderful hobby from both my grandma and my Aunt Shari. My grandma would create scrapbooks with me when I would come over for visits with her. We would cut out images from cards that we had received and pictures from calendars and compile notes and letters as well. It was a lot of fun for me to get to do that with her. As I got older that fizzled out and we did other things together. But the hobby got picked back up for me when my Aunt Shari, who used to be a Creative Memories consultant, got me an album along with a few getting started supplies for my birthday. I loved it! I was newly married at the time and thought what a perfect opportunity to get going in this again. That was almost 13 years ago and I have not looked back since. I am not only doing a hobby that I truly enjoy, but I am leaving behind the reminders of those memories that we once shared as a family as well as the memories of who we were.

No comments: